Written by redspotgames at 6. December 2010
As revealed through the redspotgames Twitter and Facebook accounts, the Munich-based publisher announced its upcoming title “Sturmwind” on Sunday, December 5th 2010 in the TV show “neues” on German-Austrian-Swiss broadcaster 3sat.
In the show, redspotgames CEO Max Scharl presented the game to the public for the first time with exclusive gameplay footage. It is currently slated to be released in Q2 2011. “Sturmwind” is a classic shoot ‘em up with 2D gameplay, powered by a hybrid 2D/3D engine.
Players fight over 20 boss enemies in 16 levels. In addition to the so-called “Award Trophy System” which ensures long- term motivation through unlockable content, there will also be an internet highscore list in which players can compete against each other worldwide.
- 16 levels
- 3 selectable difficulty levels
- configurable controls
- adjustable screen position
- varied choice of weapons
- More than 20 large boss enemies
- Hundreds of different enemies
- FMV intro sequence
- Hybrid 2d/3d game engine
- Resolution of 640×480 pixels
- PAL50, PAL60, NTSC and VGA (with Adapter) compatible
- Region free
- Works with any MIL-CD compatible Dreamcast
- CDDA Sound
- Supports: Gamepad, Arcade Stick (Analog/Digital), VMU, Rumble Pack (configurable)
- Internet WEBcode Hiscore Tables
- Award Trophy System with unlockable content
Pre-orders have been made available in the redspotgames online shop in conjunction with this announcement. The standard edition of the game can be pre-ordered for 35,49 EUR (US$ 46.00 / 29.50 GBP). Payment before release is not required.
Further information such as a screenshot gallery, a presentation trailer or details about the package will be released over the next few weeks.
Preorder at the redspotgames online shop:
redspotgames on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/redspotgames
redspotgames on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/redspotgames/210719714872
redspotgames on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/redspotgames/